9-22-16 | Agenda and Minutes
- Public Comment
- Approval of minutes of August 31, 2016
- July 2017 Ridership Report
- Financial Update
- FY 2016 Audit
- July 2017 Financial Statement
- Westport Transit District
- Meeting with City of Norwalk
- Logo Presentation
- HR Update
- Status of Service Reduction/Modification Plan and Fare
- CEO Update
- Any Other Business Properly Brought before the Board
- Next Meeting October 27, 2016
Norwalk Transit District Commissioners: Andrew Glickson and Sheldon Miller
Norwalk Transit District Staff: Kimberlee Morton, CEO, Nancy Carroll, Chief Operating Officer, Lynette Brayboy, Manager of Human Resources, Britt Liotta, COO in transition and Steven Burka, CFAO
The meeting was called to order at 9:06 AM and a quorum was determined to be present.
Members of the public who wished to address the Commissioners were asked to do so. There were none.
Approval of Minutes of August 31, 2016
The minutes of the August 31, 2016 meeting of the Commissioners were unanimously approved as presented.
July FY 2017 Ridership Report
Ms. Carroll reviewed in detail the Operations Report, Fixed-Route Wheels System Average Daily Ridership Report and Average Daily Ridership Comparison Reports all of which continue to trend downward. She advised that the report indicates double digit declines but is significantly skewed. The data is representative of only one month and the year to date comparison for the month of July 2015 included 23 weekdays, 3 Saturdays and 4 Sundays while July 2016 is inclusive of 20 weekdays, 5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays. Ms. Carroll indicated the actual ridership decline was in the 3 to 5 percent range depending on the program. A discussion ensued regarding a revision to future reports showing an adjustment for the amount of days in the month.
- FY 2016 Audit - Mr. Burka advised that he is currently preparing for the year-end-audit which will begin October 11, 2017.
- July FY 2017 Financial Statement - Mr. Burka presented the July FY 2017 financial Statement. He reminded the Commissioners’ that expenses are presented against an estimated budget that does not take into account any service cuts. Revenue was light this month compared to the same time period last year due to 3 less weekdays and this year. We ran a deficit this month predominantly due to the Coastal Link service. We project to end the year approximately equal to our original forecast.
Westport Transit District
Ms. Carroll advised that the Westport Transit District Board of Directors continue to analyze current services for recommended service reductions. The Westport Transit District Directors are scheduled to meet on September 29, 2016.
Meeting With City of Norwalk
Ms. Morton reported that she and Mr. Burka met with Mayor Rilling regarding the financial standing of the District. Mayor Rilling indicated he would pursue the outstanding issues pending CTDOT attention with Commissioner Redeker and local legislators directly.
Ms. Morton requested Commissioners to provide feedback regarding a possible logo change that embraced the new City of Norwalk image campaign. She provided copies of the City’s newly adopted logo and explained that this would be timely as we are adopting a new fare structure and significant service changes which will require a reprint of nearly all materials. Ms. Morton explained a phase in of other branded NTD items such as buses would be a cost effective option. Ms. Morton requested advised that she would hire the consultant firm to develop a logo in the amount of less than $800 for NTD for presentation at the next meeting.
Ms. Brayboy reported one mechanic resigned recently and NTD will not be backfilling his role in anticipation of the service reduction plan.
NTD will be holding their second annual Harvest Festival on Tuesday, October 4th from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. There are approximately 16 vendors that are coming and flu shots will be available.
Status of Service Reduction/Modification Plan and Fare Changes
Ms. Morton advised that public hearings and informational sessions have been advertised and posted on the NTD website. Seat drops and bus signage are at the printers and will be posted over the next several days.
No further report was noted.
Any Other Business Properly Brought before the Board
No further business was brought before the Board.
Next Meeting October 27, 2016
The next regularly scheduled meeting is October 27, 2016 and will be held at the offices of the Norwalk Transit District at 10:00 a.m.
The meeting adjourned at 10:55 am.