2-6-15 | Agenda and Minutes
1. Presentation of Budget for Fiscal Year 2015/2016
2. Public Comment
MEETING | Minutes
Westport Transit District Directors: Eugene Cederbaum and Jennifer Johnson; Town of Westport: Dewey Loselle; ITN Coastal CT: Tom Green; CTC Member: Sal Liccione; RTM Transit Committee: Peter Gold, Chairman; Commuter Rail Council: John Hartwell; and, Norwalk Transit District: Kimberlee Morton, Richard Bangs and Nancy Carroll.
The meeting was called to order at 10:00 AM.
Presentation of Budget for Fiscal Year 2015/2016
Jennifer Johnson did a budget power point presentation. Elements of the presentation included:
- Overview of Westport Transit District
- Key transit recommendations of the Downtown Master Plan
- Discussion of the different services provided as Door-to-Door
- Discussion of the different services provided as Fixed-Route
- Ridership Trends
- WTD budget overview
- Sample option for reallocating After School Shuttle funding
- Marketing funds
- New staff position (.5 FTE)
Discussion followed, primarily focusing on the funding of the staff position. The likelihood of the Norwalk Transit District securing funding from the Connecticut Department of Transportation (ConnDOT) was central to the discussion. The potential that the person hired be considered a contractor to the Transit District was also discussed should the State not fund the position.
The final decision was to present the budget to the Board of Finance seeking an overall increase of 3.0% from the Town. The $20,000 line item for Marketing would be maintained. As a separate line item, the Town share for the position would be listed at $17,714, or 33% of the $53,678 total expense for the position. The ConnDOT matching request would be noted as a separate line item.
The meeting was adjourned at 12:45 PM.