1-21-15 | Agenda and Minutes
1. Preparation and Discussion of Budget for Fiscal Year 2015/2016
MEETING | Minutes
Westport Transit District Directors: Eugene Cederbaum and Jennifer Johnson; Town of Westport: Dewey Loselle; and, Norwalk Transit District: Kimberlee Morton, Richard Bangs and Nancy Carroll.
The meeting was called to order at 10:35 AM.
Preparation and Discussion of Budget for Fiscal Year 2015/2016
The meeting was convened as a working session for the purpose of developing the budget documents that needed to be submitted to the Town of Westport. Budget considerations included:
- Recommendations of the Downtown Master Plan
- Reallocation of the approximate $60,000 spent on the After School Shuttle
- NTD tasked with developing options for the reallocated funds
- Consideration of an Imperial Lot/Downtown/Rail Shuttle
- Using the terminology “Commuter Rail Access”
- Use of marketing funding for community wide survey
- Adding a staff person for planning and marketing, shared with the Norwalk Transit District
- Whether the budget should be submitted as part of the First Selectman’s budget or as a separate Transit district budget
The Directors requested all information to them by the 28th of the month with a planned Presentation of the Budget for public comment on February 6, 2015 at 10:00 AM.
The meeting was adjourned at 12:45 PM.