7-15-15 | Agenda and Minutes
1. Public Comment
2. WTD Ridership Survey
3. Discussion on extension of commuter route hours (continuation of June 3, 2015 discussion)
MEETING | Minutes
Westport Transit District Directors: Eugene Cederbaum and Jennifer Johnson; Westport RTM: Peter Gold; and, Norwalk Transit District: Nancy Carroll and Linda DeLallo.
The meeting was called to order at 9:10 AM.
There was an inquiry as to the status of the new position. Mrs. Carroll indicated there had been no response from ConnDOT. Mr. Cederbaum offered to submit a support letter for the additional funding, if it was appropriate.
Discussion of Extended Hours on Commuter Routes (continuation of June 3, 2015 discussion)
The meeting continued as a working session for the purpose of discussing commuter shuttle extended service hour options and the costs. The discussion focused on the following:
- Reviewing the ridership data compilation for the following months:
- October 2014
- March 2015
- May 2015
- Reviewing the responses to the user survey administered June 18 through June 24.
The Directors requested the following information for the next meeting:
1. Analyze the ridership data further. (E. Cederbaum)
2. Cost out meeting the 8:33 AM train on all routes. (J. Johnson)
3. Cost out meeting earlier trains. (J. Johnson)
4. Cost out adding a train in the evening. (J. Johnson)
5. Consider reducing service on the S1 on non-productive trips (P. Gold)
6. Consider rerouting S1 and S2.
The RTM and the CTC should be included in marketing updates.
The next meeting, for purposes of continuing the discussion on commuter route hours was scheduled for August 20, 2015 at 4:00 PM.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:30 AM.