6-3-15 | Agenda and Minutes
1. Public Comment
2. Discussion of Extended Hours on Commuter Routes
MEETING | Minutes
Westport Transit District Directors: Eugene Cederbaum and Jennifer Johnson; Westport RTM: Peter Gold; and, Norwalk Transit District: Nancy Carroll and Linda DeLallo.
The meeting was called to order at 9:00 AM.
There was no public comment.
Discussion of Extended Hours on Commuter Routes
The meeting continued as a working session for the purpose of discussing commuter shuttle extended service hour options and the costs. The discussion focused on the following:
- Evaluating the raw data, trip by trip for each route, for the following periods
- October 2014
- March 2015
- May 2015
- Conducting spot sampling on S1 to determine what direction passengers are traveling.
- Gathering origin and destination data from ITS software.
- Conducting a user survey to gather desired train information.
- Use marketing funding for community wide survey (Monkey Survey)
- Obtain quote for redesign of map to include more detail (streets, commuter lots, points of interest); individual route maps
The Directors requested all information be brought to the next meeting where the discussion would continue.
The scheduled July 10, 2015 meeting was cancelled. The next meeting was rescheduled for July 15, 2015 at 9:00 AM.
There was no other business.
The meeting was adjourned at 11:00 AM.